Thursday 7 September 2017

A Morning Walk in Spain

Hello Lovelies,
where can I start to share our holiday? I have 300 photos safely stored in my computer waiting to be seen.

This holiday was a big one for us. We visited Tossa de Mar on the Costa Brava.
It was booked to coincide with our 20th wedding anniversary and hubby's 50th birthday. I didn't want to break the bank so  the five of us travelled on a budget airline (it was fine), stayed in an Air BnB ( it was good). 

When we arrived the weather was super hot. I was determined to get out walking so the best thing was to get up early and explore a little before the day got too hot.

On our second day we walked through the pretty lanes.



Then climbed lots of steps.


Till we were on the walls of the 12th century castle.



  looking down on the early sun-seekers and the traditional fishing boats.


We squeezed through the narrow gaps.


Till we had a birds eye view.



I loved exploring this medieval castle with it's interesting ruins and elevated  position.


Which gave us great views of the whole resort with pine clad hills beyond.


and the rugged coastline of the costa brava ( which means wild coast)


The light and shadows here enchanted me.



Safe within the castle walls is the old town. It was great to explore while it was so quiet.






At the bottom of this hill we came to this hole in the castle walls and squeezed through.


to find another beach in a pretty bay. Time to go home for breakfast and pack the beach bag I think :0)


I hope you enjoyed this walk lovelies. I'll be back soon with more postcards from Spain.
Jacquie x

13 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of a beautiful place! Looking forward to seeing more of your "postcards" and hearing about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. what a gorgeous place.. perfect for all your celebrations! The fire here is only 3 miles from our house, but has settled down somewhat due to the wind turning. I really enjoyed the escapism from our reality here by viewing your wonderful photos, so thank you, and for your kind comment on my blog post. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics, Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. May you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a beautiful spot to explore. Congratulations on 20 years of marriage, glad you had a lovely break to celebrate. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful and interesting. We just got back from four Hawaiian Islands for our 50th anniversary. It's fun to celebrate the special occasions in places we will remember for our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW.Thanks for sharing this,so beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful to explore in such a gorgeous place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was beautiful. Lovely photos, many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks lovely Jacquie! A place in Spain I haven't been to as yet...think I'll put it on my list!

    keep well

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

  10. How beautiful pictures again!
    Those pictures of narrow streets are the best.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.